Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A new leaf

I always wonder what I was in my previous existence. In fact, I do not believe or even state with passionate conviction that current life is a consequence of prior lives or that those who deny religion will face apocalypse. But I believe in religion, more as a faith that holds me together, as a confidence that I look up to when self proclaimed truth fails, when there is a clash between heart and mind, when simple undeniable realities face up to you and question your belief in Science alone.
It is as strong a faith as a motivation that arises out of mind's eternal search for wisdom, prosperity, peace and power. I tend to vaguely ponder previous existence atleast to corroborate the fact that energy cannot be destroyed. The body falls to the earth. But where does the life go?

It is not the vice of faith but the beacon of light that religion holds that makes me wonder about anything for which we have no answers yet. The line that unites religion and faith is as far as the end of rainbow. When the blinding flash of it becoming reality occurs, that's when we will actually realize the meaning of atom, get a perspective and its undying truth that every soul that stepped into earth left its abode still searching for answers..

No comments: