Sunday, December 7, 2008

The interview

Dated : January 2007

Sometimes , at unexpected places and times, my brain goes into the state of fuzzyness.
..a meta state where your brain,mouth and other visible reflexes fail to co-ordinate , where they all shamelessly fail each other and plunge into a confused blackhole..
Moral of the observed behaviour : I need sleep..

Of late,it has been happening at quite a few other instances.. an interiew at that!
Confidently entering, i vigourously shake hand,much to the "wise guy"s mistaken assumption that i was going to devour the job.

He glances at my resume (which unfortunately mentions more stuff under my skill set than i know -- the contrived work of an alter self, a greedy one typical of students hunting desperately for positions to pay for tution)
and casually throws a neutron bomb by starting with a complex code in the language i am unaware of.

Poor me , already gasping for air and silently cursing my bad luck and wondering where on earth were all my lucky stars and mom s prayers when i badly needed them,started off with a smart alecky verbose detour of the problem .
But the guy wanted none of those..

Having successfully aced some university exams just by prolific writing devoid of contents,i thought the experience would be a nitrobooster to my answering skills, but the lucky threads in my sun signs were probably eclipsed at the unexpected moment.

My interiew proceeds ,and a coupla minutes in, my status elevates to being "royally screwed" .I want to give up everything,tear my hair off and run out of the room yelling at the top of my voice .." I dont want the job" . But i have no choice.
Endless questions being shot at me,with occasional smirks and grins and quips of caustic humour leaves me dizzy and the afore mentioned state.. my mouth fails to listen to my brain ,as the former has reached a reject state due to dearth and mix of up contents of t he latter..

Result : Need i mention ?

No comments: